The Best Granola
My friend Bonnie gave me some of this granola she had made and now I am obsessed with it. It’s super crunchy, not too sweet, and full of yummy toasty flavors! I eat it by itself with milk, on yogurt, on oatmeal, on chia pudding, and by the handful. Topped with dried dates and cranberries, bananas, or berries. You can’t go wrong with however you want to customize this, it’s so good! I hope you love it as much as I do!
The Best Granola! (Recipe adapted from Food52)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 1/4 cups raw pecans (or your favorite nut), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup, or half/half
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar (Use more if you like really sweet or clumpy granola)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large pinch coarse salt, to taste
Heat oven to 300° F. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until granola is toasted, about 45 minutes. Remove granola from oven and season with more salt to taste. Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.